MTE GUIDELINE ON HEALTH AND SAFETY/RULES AND REGULATIONS
Mining & Technical Exhibitions (MTE) aims to ensure that every exhibitor has a safe and successful exhibition.
Therefore, we have provided several safety and security points to bear in mind.
Please note that if any of the following points are violated or not adhered to by an exhibitor, that exhibitor could be asked to leave by the venue security and/or the MTE operations manager. We adopt the same ZERO TOLERANCE for unsafe practices as the venue does and as called up in the OSH Act as amended.
In all cases the exhibitor is responsible for the insurance of their own goods.
HEALTH AND SAFETY/RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No unprotected equipment, which can cause fire or injury to individuals, groups or the environment, should be displayed.
- All demonstrations must be done with the necessary PPE and approval from the MTE operations manager.
- Do not stand under suspended loads from a crane or forklift.
- Do not work with heavy equipment without the correct personal protective equipment.
- All displays must be firmly fixed
- NO CARS/VEHICLES must be parked in front of the exhibits or at the side so as to impede entrance or exit during the hours of the exhibition. If requested to move a vehicle by MTE staff please do so immediately.
- NO CARS/VEHICLES must come onto the exhibition area during the exhibition as visitors walking around may be injured.
- Please take note of the safety signs at the venue and adhere to them.
- A first aid kit is available at the organisers, but each exhibitor should have their own first aid box to handle smaller injuries. The MTE staff are trained in administering first aid, but it is up to the individual to see that safety is adhered to.
- Please note: All equipment displayed must be insured by the exhibitor.
- In the event of an emergency, please leave your stand and move to the emergency points. Lives are more important than equipment.
- Ensure all vehicles are roadworthy and licensed. The mine/venue reserves the right to deny entry to any vehicle or individual.
- Please keep your belongings safe.
- Please note that MTE is not responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
- You may not use any adhesives/Velcro on white boards other than Prestik or double-sided tape (not industrial) – any damage to the boards will be charged to your company’s account.
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted on mine property and some venues may not allow alcohol onsite (please look at the relevant exhibitor pack for details) MTE accepts no responsibility if the venue enforces club or legislative rule regarding alcohol on their premises.