The redesigned Cat® D7 dozer now delivers up to 10% more dozing efficiency, moves up to 11% more material per hour and offers a broad choice of technology options. A fully automatic 4-speed transmission allows for ease of operation and optimal fuel and dozing efficiency. At 197 kW (265 hp) and an operating weight of 29 776kg (65,644 lbs.), the new D7 dozer replaces the D7R.
The D7 moves up to 11% more material per hour than the D7R, with more weight and horsepower. Blade capacity is increased by 10%, and a dedicated steering pump provides more continuous push when turning under load for a higher level of productivity.
The D7 is driven by a new smooth-shifting fully automatic 4-speed transmission. Operators do not need to shift gears – just choose the desired ground speed and the transmission continuously adjusts for maximum efficiency and power to the ground without added operator input. This helps prevent overheating in hot climates, offers better speed control and provides more power to the ground.
The redesigned cab offers Integrated Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) providing added visibility to the sides of the dozer. Operators will find more space, an air suspension seat with multiple adjustments, and an 8-inch (203 mm) gauge cluster operator interface with a clear view of machine/service functions and settings. An optional Premium cab offers fully adjustable armrests, plus an easy-to-use 10-inch (254-mm) touchscreen operator interface with high-definition rearview camera. Four LED lights are standard, with options for packages of 6 or 12 lights.
A heavier frame, D8-sized structures and a new track roller frame with larger roller shafts add durability. Heavy Duty Extended Life undercarriage – HDXL with DuraLink – provides up to 20% more seal life in high impact conditions. A redesigned fuel system provides greater reliability and more accurate fuel delivery.
A Ground Level Service Center provides easy access to the disconnect switch and can be outfitted with optional hour meter and access/egress light switch. A railing, with integrated shovel holder, is available to help make fueling easier.
All of the technology features are designed to help new operators become more productive sooner, and to help experienced operators get the job done faster and with less effort. Slope Indicate is standard on all machines, showing machine main fall and cross-slope right on the main display.
ARO with Assist is a grade-control-ready option bundled with operator assist features that work in the background
- Cat Grade with Slope Assist™ maintains the operators pre-determined blade position – either main fall or cross slope – without a GPS signal or extra hardware. Works in manual or automatic modes.
- Factory Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation of any brand of grade control system.
- Blade Load Monitor gives real-time feedback on current vs. optimal blade load to help optimise blade capacity.1
- Stable Blade works seamlessly with operator blade inputs for smoother surfaces.
- Traction Control automatically reduces track slip to save time, fuel, and track wear.
- AutoCarry automates blade lift to help maintain consistent blade load and help reduce track slip.
Integrated Cat Grade with 3D is an optional GPS system which automates blade movements in both fine grading and production dozing applications, reducing manual operator inputs by as much as 80%. Small antennas are integrated into the cab roof for better protection and GPS receivers are mounted inside so they can be secured by locking the cab doors. An intuitive 254-mm (10-in) Grade operator interface works like a smart phone, making it easy for operators to pick up quickly. Android OS platform allows installation of custom apps.
Cat Link telematics technology gathers data generated by equipment, materials, and people – and serves it up in customisable formats.
- Product Link™ collects data automatically and accurately from equipment assets – any type and any brand – which can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
- Access information anytime, anywhere with VisionLink. Cat dealers can help conﬁgure a customised subscription, available with cellular or satellite reporting or both.
- The Cat App helps manage machine assets – at any time – from a smartphone.
- Remote Troubleshoot allows the Cat dealer to perform diagnostic testing remotely. Remote Flash updates on-board software without a technician being present, at a convenient time, potentially reducing update time by as much as 50%.
- Application Profile and Operator ID saves preferred machine settings.
- Machine Security – Passcode provides an optional level of security by requiring an operator to enter an ID before the machine will start.
D7 can be optimised for intended applications with a variety of blade and track shoe choices. The standard track configuration puts more track on the ground, similar to the D7R’s XR undercarriage, for improved balance.
The D7 can come with specialised guarding to take on the challenges of Waste/Landfill work and Forestry/Land Clearing. In addition to machine protection against impacts and airborne debris, these specialty dozers can be ordered with an impact-resistant cab, application-specific undercarriage and a specialty blade.