Combining the Cat Water Delivery System (WDS) with Cat MineStar Edge connectivity, the new Cat 777G Water Solutions truck offers a sustainable, smart solution to the age-old challenge to balance dust suppression with overwatering on mines and quarries.
Integrating truck, tank, and a water delivery system, connected with technology, the Cat 777G Water Solutions truck helps operations manage the site more safely and productively with scalable levels of technology.
The Cat Water Delivery System (WDS) delivers the following benefits:
- Added safety and conservation of water using a variable waterflow based on truck speed determining the appropriate flow to reduce the risk of accidents due to poor visibility,
- Prevention of overwatering and resultant poor traction on roads using the variable displacement pump, which automatically starts and stops when the truck slows or comes to a halt.
- Prevention of system damage caused by the pump running dry when the tank runs empty with an automatic switch off and soft start-ups.
- Soft start-ups and automatic ‘turn-off’ when the tank is empty – preventing damage to the system from the pump running dry.
- Reduced health hazards associated with airborne particles – automated water delivery also allows the operator to remain focused on driving to enhance site safety.
- Remote tank fill control, complete with auto shut-off to prevent overfilling, enables the operator to remain inside the cab during refilling to reduce potential operator slips and falls.
Scalable Technology with Cat MineStar Edge
Integrated with the Cat WDS, cloud-based MineStar Edge collects and communicates machine data, allowing site supervisors to monitor the fleet and meet production targets. Scalable to fit specific site needs, the system can provide a range of data to improve fleet productivity, including real-time and historical reporting, truck location and utilisation, fuel and water levels, volume of water distributed, area covered, and rate of water being put down, among other operating metrics.