By Dineo Phoshoko
Herman Bezuidenhout has been with traveling exhibition specialist MTE for over 10 years and has had many interesting experiences during his time. He shares some of his many encounters during his tenure with MTE.
1. WHAT IS YOUR JOB TITLE AND WHAT DOES YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
External sales for MTE – increasing sales on exhibitions and maintaining relationships with our current exhibitors. Giving industry feedback to operations so that we can identify new areas to host exhibitions.
2. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO JOIN MTE?
It is a terrific opportunity for me to develop and to get involved with small companies at a time when they had a lot of growth potential.
3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH MTE?
11 years and 3 months.
4. WHY HAVE YOU REMAINED WITH MTE FOR SO LONG?
I have built a good relationship with both my co-workers and clients and it is hard to let go of family. Every day I learn something new from the industry and that keeps me going.
“I have built a good relationship with both my co-workers and clients and it is hard to let go of family.”
5. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT YOUR JOB?
When I get positive feedback from exhibitors saying the shows helped them to break into new areas and the shows being part of their company growth.
6. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES YOU FACE AND HOW DO YOU ADDRESS THEM?
Some shows don’t necessarily go according to plan or the economy can throw a curve ball or two. Giving clients honest feedback and being transparent all the time has helped me to build very strong relationship with them, which make it easier to deal with challenges we all face sometimes.
7. WHEN YOU ARE NOT BUSY WITH WORK, WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Trying to maintain a fit lifestyle and spend time at the gym and with family and friends.
8. IN YOUR VIEW, WHAT HAS MADE MTE REMAIN SUCCESSFUL AFTER ALL THESE YEARS?
A good concept and a transparent relationship with clients. Also listening to what the industry requires.
9. LOOKING AHEAD, WHAT DOES THE FUTURE LOOK LIKE FOR MTE?
New exciting areas, other platforms that will go hand in hand with MTE – including online and social media.
10. ANY LAST WORDS?
MTE clients that have supported us for the past 25 years clearly have a lot of trust in us.