Mining Solutions from Lucy Electric
Lucy Electric’s robust, flexible and high-quality equipment is ideally suited to mining applications. Our expert teams and deep engineering expertise mean we can ensure equipment is specified and tailored to meet your needs and local infrastructure requirements.
- Featuring advanced vacuum switching technology, the units are available in extensible and non-extensible formats up to 24kV and are compact, flexible and easy to operate and install.
- Our Aegis Plus range includes several additional safety features such as electrical and mechanical interlocking, as well as AFL/AFLR internal arc ratings. Aegis Plus units are also automation-ready with integrated Gemini 3 Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) enabling instant smart grid functionality.
- We can also provide single-source substation and reusable containerised substation solutions, which can be moved as needed, based on either the Sabre or Aegis Plus range.
- Cost effective
- Tailor made to suit your needs.
Our engineers have extensive experience in mining contracts. Recent projects include:
- Switchgear for mobile sub-station, introducing ARC Sensors and Earth Continuity Monitoring (ECM) for safety. Further features include power measurement meters and cable couplers.
- Sabre fully motorised RMUs fitted with Battery Tripping Units, ECM and special cable boxes for cable couplers.
- In conjunction with consultant and contractor, manufactured containerised sub-stations for mining applications. This enables the customer to relocate the sub-station after 5-10 years when exploration moves.